SAP Subject Matter Expert – Woodland Hills, CA
Job SummaryProvides high level of expertise in the architectural design of business applications; Understands the business objectives, processes, and products and how best can be supported by technology; Works with the Global Architecture team closely to drive architectural solutions for specific applications; Responsible for the conceptual design of business applications; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of changes across multiple system and provides Rough Order of Magnitude; Recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Mentors lower level colleagues.Essential Job Functions
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
- Is responsible for the conceptual design of business applications.
- Mentors lower level colleagues.
- Works closely with GiTAG in driving architectural solutions for specific applications (e.g., Application architectural models, frameworks, middleware, etc.
- Responds to application problem tickets as necessary.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.Experience Requirements: Level IV: 6 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 1 year of experience as an Application SME Level lIl.Special Skill Requirement:
- P&C Insurance experience along with Billing related experience is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in solution design /subject matter analysis of insurance applications specifically in Billing as well as insurance experience involving mentoring and overseeing solutioning and development activities.
- Experience in Billing functional areas such as Payment Channels, Customer Facing applications, Inquiry, Dunning, Payments etcâ¦ is required.
- Strong SAP FSCD, SAP HANA, JAVA skills required. CICS, VSAM, JCL, mainframe skills will be a big plus.
- Strong Database knowledge. Proficient in SQL application tuning.
- Project Management and overall delivery execution/ownership experience in SDLC / Agile is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- May require occasional travel.